martes, 4 de mayo de 2010

The best food ever!


Today, i’m going to talk about my favorite food…THE GNOCCHI!
The gnocchi are a kind of italian food, are made of potato but it can make with many different ingredientes like pumpkin or ricotta. Like every pasta, the gnocchi are served with salsa.
The ingredients of gnocchi dough’ are: 1 kilo of big potatos, 300 g of flour, 2 eggs, salt and nutmeg.
First wash the potatoes and cook in their skins. When they are ready, peel and grind. Then add the flour and stir, finally add the salt.
Later turns the dough into a table and knead with hands, form thin and longs rolls and cut two cm each one.
To finish put them in a hot water pot on fire. Know that gnocchi are ready when they rise to the surface.
They are different types of salsa like bolognesa, putanesca and alfredo. My favorite is the putanesca that has olives, tomatos, aji, garlic and more. Its a mediterranean sauce.
I like very much this dish because mi grandmather cooked every Sunday when i went to see her since i was a child. Now, my grandmather its gone but my mother makes them like a familiar tradition.

5 comentarios:

  1. i like pasta, but one day i went to an italian restorant and i order GNOCCHI but but they were really hot!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I like very much the italian food!!!
    The pasta and the sauce of tomato is the best of the life!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I love italian food too, the gnocchi are great!... I love youu

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I love it!!!! One day I taste ones that were about basil and tomatos, very good!
    you have to cooke me one day consuelo!
    byee

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Good Consuelo.

    Don´t forget that pasta is singular, so gnocchi "is".

    When you gve instructions, you use imparative, so the verb takes no "s". You say, "turn" the dough.

    Finally, adjectives in English never take "s". So, you say "form LONG rolls."

    2 points.

    Paula

    ResponderEliminar