jueves, 19 de enero de 2012

I'm hungry of gnocchi!

Today, i’m going to talk about my favorite food…THE GNOCCHI!
The gnocchi is a kind of italian food, is made of potato but it can make with many different ingredients like pumpkin or ricotta. Like every pasta, the gnocchi is served with salsa.
The ingredients of gnocchi dough’ are: 1 kilo of big potatos, 300 g of flour, 2 eggs, salt and nutmeg.
First wash the potatoes and cook in their skins. When they are ready, peel and grind. Then add the flour and stir, finally add the salt.
Later turn the dough into a table and knead with hands, form thin and long rolls and cut two cm each one.
To finish put them in a hot water pot on fire. Know that gnocchi are ready when they rise to the surface.
They are different types of salsa like bolognesa, putanesca and alfredo. My favorite is the putanesca that has olives, tomatos, aji, garlic and more. Its a mediterranean sauce.
I like very much this dish because mi grandmather cooked every Sunday when i went to see her since i was a child. Now, my grandmather its gone but my mother makes them like a familiar tradition.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario